How to receive alerts in Discord when a website changes
Have you ever wanted to avoid opening websites to check for updates, and instead receive them directly in the Discord server of your choice?
Doing this used to require either a dedicated bot on Discord, or for the most adventurous to setup your own scraping infrastructure, and spend your evenings on it to ensure it works.
This guide explains how to setup Discord with Monitoro to receive website changes directly in the Discord server and channel of your choice.
- Create a webhook in Discord
- Connect Discord to your project in Monitoro using the webhook
- Send alerts to Discord from Monitoro
- Done! 🎉
1. Setup the integration with Discord
To start receiving alerts in a new Discord server, first you need to create a webhook. It's quite simple:
- Open your server's settings page.
- Click on the "Create webhook" button.
- Choose a channel, and setup a name and avatar to display your messages.
- Copy the webhook URL.
2. Create the integration
Now that you have the webhook URL, go to your Accounts page, create a new account and select Discord.
Paste your webhook URL in the text field below, and click on Connect this service.
3. Send alerts to Discord
You can send messages and alerts to Discord from any project in Monitoro, by triggering it from an integration rule.
- Click on "+ trigger another action" and choose Discord from the list.
- Choose a channel and compose your message. You can use monitored data in your message.
Just save the integration and you're done!
Taking it further
At this point, you're able to hook any website to any channel on Discord. Make sure to use emojis and Discord formatting shortcuts for fancier messages! 🚀
To learn more about Monitoro, make sure to check out our blog.
Photo by Alexander Shatov on Unsplash